Monday, September 25, 2006

Bill Clinton attacks Fox 'hit job' on terror policy! Wallace was a worm, Bill was Masterful!

In a combative interview on "Fox News Sunday," former President Clinton defended his handling of the threat posed by Osama bin Laden, saying he had tried to put bin Laden out of business and that he had been attacked for his efforts by the same people who criticize him now for not doing enough. You know his hands were tied by laws and civil liberty advocates amongst others! View the Video, It was great!
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/politics/2006/09/24/sot.clinton.bin.laden.fox
"That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said in the interview broadcast Sunday. "They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try, they did not try. I tried." Right on President Clinton!

Clinton accused host Chris Wallace of a "conservative hit job on me" and asked, "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked this question of. I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?"' Fuckin A! That's because the answer is '0" President Clinton mastered this interview!

He was referring to the USS Cole, attacked by terrorists in Yemen in 2000, and former White House anti-terrorism chief Richard A. Clarke.

Wallace said Sunday that he was surprised by Clinton's response to "a very non-confrontational question, 'Did you do enough to connect the dots and go after Al Qaida?"' it was not a non confrontational question. He was smirking and trying to set him up but President Clinton called him on it. I thought it was great. Bill is still the master in a Debate.

"I was stunned by this kind of conspiratorial view of all this," Wallace said in a telephone interview. "All I did was ask him a question, and I think it was a legitimate news question. I was surprised that he would conjure up that this was a hit job." Wallace was an ass hole but Bill called him on it and had Wallace quaking and way off guard. I loved it!

Clinton said he "worked hard" to try to kill bin Laden. "I authorized the findings of the CIA to kill him," he said. "We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody's gotten since. And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him." Damn straight, Afghanistan was the real job not Iraq at all. Bush only used the excuse of 9/11 to attack Iraq, destabilize the middle east, and prosecute his new middle east and world order. It had nothing to do with terrorism!

He told Wallace, "And you got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it, but I did try and I did everything I thought I responsibly could."

Clinton also criticized the ABC miniseries, "The Path to 9/11," which critics accused of distorting his record on fighting terror.

"ABC just had a right-wing conservative running their little 'Pathway to 9/11,' falsely claiming it was based on the 9/11 Commission Report with three things asserted against me directly contradictory to the 9/11 Commission Report," he said. The 9/11 commission and report was a farce and a joke. did you see the factual video? It's unbelievable and will piss you off.
http://video.google.com/...
The interview was taped Friday following Clinton's three-day Global Initiative conference, and Clinton said Wallace was to have devoted half his questions to the conference. I saw it Sunday but it was an obvious setup and Bill called him on it!

Clinton told Wallace, "You set this meeting up because you're going to get a lot of criticism from your viewers because (Fox chief) Rupert Murdoch is supporting my work on climate change. And you came here under false pretenses and said that you'd spend half the time talking about _ you said you'd spend half the time talking about what we did out there to raise $7 billion-plus in three days from 215 different commitments, and you don't care."
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--clinton-foxnews0924sep24,0,4237047.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

I would laugh because President Clinton walked all over little Wallace but I just hat Fox news and their blatant right wing policies. I wish Oreilley or Hannity was the interviewer. You don't mess around with Bill!

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

No comments: