Sunday, October 15, 2006

Barack Obama A good man for the future, needed in Dem Congress,needs more training for Presidency!

Times Joe Kline:The question of when Obama who has not yet served two years in the U.S. Senate will run for president is omnipresent. That he will eventually run, and win, is assumed by almost everyone who comes to watch him speak.In Davenport a local reporter asks the question directly: "Are you running for president in 2008?"
Obama surprises me by saying he's just thinking about the 2006 election right now, which, in the semiotic dance of presidential politics, is definitely not a no. A few days later, I ask Obama the obvious follow-up question: Will he think about running for President in 2008 when the congressional election is over?

I will think about how I can be most useful to the country and how I can reconcile that with being a good dad and a good husband," he says carefully, and then adds, "I haven't completely decided or unraveled that puzzle yet."

About halfway through the hour-long meeting in Rockford Illinois a middle-aged man stands up and says what seems to be on everyone's mind, with appropriate passion: "Congress hasn't done a damn thing this year. I'm tired of the politicians blaming each other. We should throw them all out and start over!" "Including me?" the senator asks.
A chorus of n-o-o-o-s. "Not you," the man says. "You're brand new." http://www.cnn.com/...

I have to agree with this sentiment. Under Bush and a Republican controlled Congress we have done nothing but harm America. Respected Authors voice what we all know is a do nothing Congress, it's a shambles and must be replaced. http://www.contracostatimes.com/...

Any politician who has been inadequate should be replaced in November regardless of party. I happen to like Obama and think he is still in the learning stage and much needed in what I have hopes will be a Democrat controlled Congress. With his understanding that we should woo Fundamentalist's in hopes of showing them how to get in line with real Christianity and that Religion while important as what motivates you to be a good person, should not be controlling our politics as it does under Bush and the Repubs. I have to agree with him.

Sen. Barack Obama chastised fellow Democrats for failing to "acknowledge the power of faith in the lives of the American people" and said the party must compete for the support of evangelicals and other churchgoing Americans.

"Not every mention of God in public is a breach to the wall of separation. Context matters," the Illinois Democrat said in remarks to a conference of Call to Renewal, a faith-based movement to overcome poverty.

"It is doubtful that children reciting the Pledge of Allegiance feel oppressed or brainwashed as a consequence of muttering the phrase `under God,"` he said. "Having voluntary student prayer groups using school property to meet should not be a threat any more than its use by the High School Republicans should threaten Democrats."

Obama said millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews have traveled similar religious paths, and that is why "we cannot abandon the field of religious discourse.
In other words, if we don't reach out to evangelical Christians and other religious Americans and tell them what we stand for, Jerry Falwell's and Pat Robertson's will continue to hold sway."

Obama coupled his advice with a warning. "Nothing is more transparent than inauthentic expressions of faith: the politician who shows up at a black church around election time and claps -- off rhythm -- to the gospel choir." At the same time, he said, "Secularists are wrong when they ask believers to leave their religion at the door before entering the public square."

As a result, "I think we make a mistake when we fail to acknowledge the power of faith in the lives of the American people and join a serious debate about how to reconcile faith with our modern, pluralistic democracy."

Obama mentioned leaders of the religious right briefly, saying they must "accept some ground rules for collaboration" and recognize the importance of the separation of church and state.
http://www.cnn.com/....

I have to agree and Again I say that Obama has a unique understanding and his wisdom is there but should represent us an Congress for a while where he can gain much needed experience. To me we and the world need seasoned wisdom in 08 in order to clean up after Bush. I have not heard a declaration of a run in 08 but to me the only person for the job is Al Gore!

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I live in Illinois and agree with your article. I would love to see him go for President in 2008. However, I think he needs a little more experience under his belt.

Added you to my blogroll. Great site!

jmsjoin said...

lisa
Do you think that an Obama Ford ticket in 2016 would be a winner? thanks for adding me. If I knew how to add you I would. The person who use to help me moved on. Oh well! Anyway, I agree with what you said and I am from Massachusetts.