Tuesday, May 01, 2007

With Immigration Rallies planned around the Nation this email made me realize where I stood!

With Immigration Rallies planned around the Nation and ongoing as we speak this Email just made me realize where I stood!
Those of you that have belonged to kos for a while know that fundamentally I think everyone that wants to come to America and come in the front door should be allowed to work and do their share for our America. My big concern was the insecure Borders, that worthless border fence, and the return of once eradicated deadly diseases.
Knowing Rallies are planned throughout the day and around the Nation and that Hispanic and other civil rights groups wrapped up plans for immigration reform marches and rallies Tuesday in dozens of cities I still was not sure I had any feelings about today's events.
I thought it was stupid of illegal immigrants last time to mark themselves by protesting last year. This year for whatever reason the turnout is not expected to be as large but Hispanic and other civil rights groups wrapped up plans for immigration reform marches and rallies Tuesday in dozens of cities. I now do not know how I feel about Howard Deans plans to speak to immigrant Groups in Miami.
I happen to think that the stepped up raids on illegal immigrants is in large part due to their increasingly being vocal and because of the million or so that protested last time. I was almost sympathetic to their plight and as late as this morning I saw a separated family highlighted on CNN that American taxpayers paid to reunite in America after the mother was deported and the teen age children joined her in Mexico. I didn't quite agree with that but still had no input on these events as I said, until I was sent this Email this morning from Texas. First here is a link to planned events if anyone is interested. http://www.cnn.com/...
Anyway, I was sent this photo this morning and it floored me. Enough is enough! I wish I knew how to put photos on here but I don't. You will find it below at the link. You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protesters put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.
I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil Is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail which is how I received it so I cannot pass it on unless you give me an address to forward it to.This stunt has me livid. I refuse to believe we can allow this thrown in our faces. I believe in giving everyone a fair chance but this stunt is beyond excuse, understanding, or condonement. http://lonewacko.com/...
I was stunned by all the pictures http://www.freerepublic.com/...
I too agree that we must do something but what? I for one am stymied. Please let me know what you think after looking at the pictures! I know illegal immigration is a controversial subject here but not defending our soil for our children.

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

2 comments:

LittleBill said...

Hi, Jim: With your sons serving overseas, I can understand how offended you are about the picture of the two flags.

Try to keep in mind, however,that it was a stunt by a few students (and possibly not by all the students present.) Don't blame it on everyone else who demonstrated.

As I have written and posted, and re-posted several times, the cause of all the world's problems is the continuing and growing overpopulation of the world. We're running out of room and resources, and until humans begin to grapple with this situation we will continue to keep the population from growing even faster by means of wars, disease, starvation, etc. This is the fault and responsibility of all humans, and it won't be solved in a reasonable way until more people are better educated and religion is recognized as interesting and sometimes informative fiction rather than as reality minus proof. Man will never know the whole truth of the universe, but we should have learned enough about the world around us to realize that what is happening to us is Man's own fault and responsibility.

jmsjoin said...

Hi little bill
Trust me, I was certainly berated on kos because of my opinion. It is not that I am against immigration. I am from immigrant and native Indian stock myself.
I understand as you point out, the necessity of having to fight for our soil as we have done since WW1 and my sons are doing now. I do not like to hear masked people say this is their country. Many wrongs were committed in the past but we at this point must for the good of the world be satisfied with that we have.
As you point out, the world is over populated and that includes the United States. We can no longer feed and clothe the entire world. We do though owe it to ourselves and the world to try and be there for those who want to earn their share but not to those who want to take it illegally.
You know, you are right but as we both continue to try to educate man as to reality I realize I for one cannot stop but it is futile as many could care less about the truth or reality and only their own selfish interests.