Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bush's Asinine balance of power in Iraq and the middle east is already being used Against us, Imagine what $20 Billion will do!

More than a week ago in relation to the Chief idiot giving the Saudi's and their supposedly friendly Gulf neighbors $20 Billion in advanced weaponry to supposedly Balance power in the middle east against Syria and Iran, we did the first of very telling stories as to what the obvious terrible result of this will be and that those weapons will ultimately be used against us as Bush continues to prosecute his new order.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/28/135043/558

Well, guess what? This is mind boggling too me but The Pentagon now admits it has lost track of about 190,000 AK-47 assault rifles and pistols given to Iraqi security forces in 2004 and 2005, according to a new government report, raising fears that some of those weapons have fallen into the hands of insurgents fighting US forces in Iraq.
The author of the report from the Government Accountability Office says US military Officials do not know what happened to 30 percent of the weapons the United States distributed to Iraqi forces from 2004 through early this year as part of an effort to train and equip the troops. The highest previous estimate of unaccounted-for weapons was 14,000, in a report issued last year by the inspector general for Iraq reconstruction.
The GAO said weapons distribution was haphazard and rushed and failed to follow established procedures, particularly from 2004 to 2005, when security training was led by Gen. David H. Petraeus, Who now commands all US forces in Iraq. They do not have a clue where they are but you know they are being used against us and to further one sect or the others cause in the middle east.
Weapons Given to Iraq Are Missing - washingtonpost.com

Supposedly this has happened because of hurrying and lack of planning. Instead of learning Bush is only compounding the problem by adding $20 Billion more in advanced weaponry. I just do not get it. There is no excuse for stupidity and Bushco just continues to make them and make things worse.
When I was in the Military in the 70s our weapons were monitored daily and controlled in a sometimes make shift armory but they were controlled. I cannot fathom putting those arms in that volatile region without any oversight and control. It is inexcusable and the results obvious to an idiot. Man are we in trouble as we attempt to move successfully into the future as Bush happily continues to stack the odds against us. Damn!
* I have to go to the VA now but I will be back to hopefully discuss this and other Issues!

James Joiner
Gardner' Ma
http://www.anaveragepatriot.com/

4 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

One of the guys from the GAO was on c-spans Washington Journal this morning. I hope you caught it, because it was excellent. He was asked if contractors were involved in this loss of weapons. He said he couldn't answer because that was part of the classified report. I took that to be a yes.

No surprise if they were and I doubt there will be any punishment for them either.

jmsjoin said...

POP
Thanks Patricia! I missed that but like you i take this as a yes. I will have to check that out. I got a new computer yesterday and I am now on verizon not AOL. So I am still trying to figure things out.
I had my nephew here from Vegas taking care of me but he is gone so I have to do as best I can so bear with me. Eventually I will be beack to cmmenting and writing and hopefully quickly. Bear with me!

pissed off patricia said...

Got your message. Good luck with the new headache. I hate new beginnings with computers. Before you know it, you'll be as comfy with this one as you were with your old one.

jmsjoin said...

POP
You're funny but you are exactly right! I am clueless with this stuff. Luckily I have some experts in the family I wasn't aware of. My Godson as I said hooked me up yesterday and last night I dropped him off with another who I just found out is internet tech support amongst other things for cbs and nbc so I already cried uncle and got his number and will have him hold my hand after work if he will. I will get it eventually but I hate change and I know aol is no good but I was comfortable with the mess. Oh well, all of you bear with me and I will as soon as possible be back to the norm. Thanks again POP