Sunday, April 18, 2010

Arizona called a police state but I think it is a necessary evil!

Mexican drug violence spills into US



Arizona Legislature Advances Tough Immigration Bill‎


Mexican drug traffickers increasingly smuggle money back into Mexico in cars and .... The battle also causes concern about the violence spilling into the ... The governors of Arizona and Texas have asked the federal government to send ...

Juarez, Mexico is more dangerous than Baghdad or Kabul two other problems we created. Juarez and much of Mexico is a war zone and Mexico's drug war and violence is moving back into the US where it started over 100 years ago as our drug war. I use to think legalization was the answer but no longer. This has gone too far and drastic measures must be taken. I just hope the power is not abused!

Arizona is on the front lines. Mexican drug cartels have turned Phoenix, Arizona into the kidnapping Capital of the United States. I keep hearing that the new immigration laws in Arizona go too far and have created Arizona the police State. To a degree that appears to be true but I am afraid necessary at this point. The drug war and the cartels are in every State in the country.

It is wishful thinking to think what is happening in Arizona will stay in Arizona. I would like to see this crackdown stopped right there but I am convinced it is a snapshot of what is coming to the entire country. Count on it! Many do not agree with me but like it or not they better smarten up and realize racial profiling has become a necessary evil.

Running red lights, speeding, erratic driving, suspicious behavior, drunken driving, domestic abuse, work place violence, ID's better be checked all the time every time to insure that ? are kept out whenever possible. Everyone of course will not be caught but a lot will.As I said under Bush with the Patriot Act it is not the law it is the person in charge of it. We knew he would abuse the power and he did.
We have to hope that Arizona law enforcement does not abuse their new power and wields it wisely and with constraint. Arizona can be a model for the rest of the country. It will be a model but I hope it is positive not negative. I keep hearing that the new immigration law will not stand up and that it is unconstitutional. No way! Arizona is on the front lines of the US Mexico drug war. The Constitution gives us the power to protect ourselves. It will allow Arizona to protect her citizens.



James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
http://anaverageamericanpatriot.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Instead of infringing on our privacy, why not attack the problem at the root and regulate street drugs--taxing their usage.

Jim, I'm surprised at your use of this tired drug war terminology: "Mexican drug violence spills into US." The U.S. government--from Nixon to Reagan--sold us a bill of goods with that crap. You used to pioneer a different way of thinking when you (correctly) pointed out that the drug violence originated here in the U.S. and spilled over the border into Mexico.

Lily said...

The power is usually always abused!
here's my solution, or at least part of it:
http://goodknowto.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-powerful-you-are.html

Tim said...

Patriot
For many years I have believed we've been cutting off our nose despite our face. Right under our noses a web of drugs have infiltrated every pore of society. Instead "We" have been in almost every other country telling them how to run things. We have troops and bases all over the globe.
The thing is we can't even secure our borders, even in the wake of 911 not much has changed.
Here we are the policeman of the world and yet elements of the corrupt show up at our schools. Truth is I enjoy a little weed now and then, but I never buy it. Sometimes a friend will give us some. Someday I hope to grow our own. That being said,bring our troops home and secure the boarders.
Seems to me a country's not a country unless it's boundaries are secure.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Billie! Nothing has changed you missed the part where I said it is our 100 year drug war that spilled into Mexico before it started coming home to roost!

I no longer think legalization will help, this has gone too far.

jmsjoin said...

I am afraid the power will be abused but have to hope it will not. Thanks for the link Sarah I will check it out.

jmsjoin said...

Tim, I know, we are off war mongering and meddling around the world and we can not even take care of ourselves and it till get much worse.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Billie! This is the first paragraph: Juarez, Mexico is more dangerous than Baghdad or Kabul two other problems we created. Juarez and much of Mexico is a war zone and Mexico's drug war and violence is moving back into the US where it started over 100 years ago as our drug war. I use to think legalization was the answer but no longer. This has gone too far and drastic measures must be taken. I just hope the power is not abused!

By the way how you doing at AV? I gave up with the new on line national enquirer!

Anon-Paranoid said...

Hi Jim...

I have to say that I disagree with you on this one.

First of all telling people that they have to show their papers to prove that they are American Citizens is no different than when the Nazi's made everyone show their papers.

Secondly I am surprised that they did not write a law saying all those of Hispanic Origin should be tattooed like the Jews were in Nazi Germany.

Already many Americans of Hispanic Origin have been arrested and deported or held for weeks if not months before releasing them if not deporting them.

If this law stands then why not make all Americans show their papers anytime they are stopped. And if they don't have them on their person then arrest of them will surely follow.

Even I have forgot to take my wallet a few times when leaving the house to go to work.

Only to discover once I reach work that I have no drivers license, insurance card or money on me. If I get pulled over I will get a ticket or two and possibly arrested for driving without a license or identification to prove I am who I say I am.

Sorry Jim, but this is too much like a Police State mentality as far as I'm concerned.

Take care my friend and I hope your kids are doing well and return home safely.

God Bless.

Demeur said...

I have to agree with Anon. No fun living in a police state. Remember habeas corpus has been thrown out the window with the "Unpatriot Act". All communications seem to be recorded via NSA. How much more are you willing to put up with before this country becomes unlivable. Our forefathers fought for the freedoms in the constitution. What good is it if like Bush said " It's just a GD piece of paper"? Why not just eliminate the rest of it and live under some oppressive police state.
The real problem isn't here it's in Mexico where a corrupt government makes it impossible to make a living. I know because I've talked to many from that country. Just ask your Spanish speaking friends what a Chelongo is and you'll get an ear full. No it's a slang term not in any dictionary.

jmsjoin said...

Alright Anon! I was just thinking about you the other day thinking you must be happy with your cats. I have a queasy feeling about this and it leaves much to abuse but they are on the front line of hell. I hope with much over sight this will work. I doubt it but we will see. Take care Bud!

jmsjoin said...

Knowing Demeur but short of requesting the guard on their border which they did what choice do they have? I am suspicious especially with that Mayor or Governor or whoever he is and his prison and immigration stance.