Thursday, May 24, 2012

Putin's no-show at US meeting with Obama sets a sour tone: Beware!


Putin's no-show at US meeting with Obama sets a sour tone: The decision to skip next week's meeting of the Group of Eight industrial nations in the United States and a much-anticipated Oval Office meeting with Obama, may set a sour tone for the next four years. 

If Obama wins re-election, he will have Putin as a sometime partner and sometime adversary through the end of his presidency. If Republican Mitt Romney wins, the dynamic might be very different. Romney has called Russia an "enemy," while Putin has signaled that he will hold off on any major new cooperation with the United States until he knows who will be president. Putin has wasted no time in showing his anti American stance!

Remember when Putin was rallying and uniting the world to take on Bush and his drive to dominate the world? Absolutely as the world's mayhem ensues amidst its drive to dominate as we move through the 21st century is Putin's only agenda. It is an old thought. I remember when term limits made him have to leave last time.

Be scared be very scared! The USSR's Mikhail Gorbachev has warned that Russia risks six lost years when Vladimir Putin returns to the presidency, echoing rumblings of dissent over his Kremlin comeback. I always find myself agreeing with Gorbachev but that is putting it mildly. This is bad news for the US and the world to put it mildly!

Russia has agreed to dispatch its monitors, currently deployed in the Golan Heights, to Syria. This came in an announcement by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. “Russia, among others, has been invited by the UN Secretariat to dispatch its observers with the Golan Heights contingent to oversee the Syrian ceasefire. We have given our consent,” Lavrov said at the briefing following his meeting with his Syrian counterpart in Moscow today.

Sergei Lavrov expressed his hope that all other UN states would be just as swift in their answer. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that, instead of pinning the blame on Russia and China, the US and others should try and find their “levers” to push for the Syrian authorities and the opposition to stop firing at each other. “We believe that the ceasefire must coincide with the international monitor mission’s arrival in Syria,” he stressed.


Russia said they would send observers almost over a month ago And I have not heard a word from them. There job must be to observe the slaughter and make sure no one gets in Assad's way. China's job must be to say they saw things a different way so none of the awful truth will get out. They will get away with saying it is all being perpetrated by terrorists and a grey area is once again created to hide the truth by someone who supposedly wants to do the right thing. Yeah the right thing for their agenda and that of Assad their ally. This is not a good development. What is going to happen once the observers start getting killed?

This is very concerning. I remember back in 2008 when Putin was going to try and be President for life. He was not alone. Leaders aligned with Russia were all trying to get permanent leadership so they could be at the helm of their prospective countries to take on then President Bush when his war mongering hit the point where Russia, the 135 non aligned Nations, Iran, and others were prepared to join forces and take him and our allies on.

I remember when Bush first met Putin and he said he shook his hand and looked him in the eye and saw a man of compassion, a man who was true to his word, and a man he could work with. I shuttered at Bush's stupidity. I looked at Putin and saw a man deceitful to the core who was not to be trusted period.

We were too pompous then and were pushing the world towards WW3 with our take it or leave it, my way or the highway, interference around the world. Putin was determined to head us off, to directly confront us when we were on Russia's front door trying to instigate war by installing the so called missile shield in Czechoslovakia and Poland, and return Russia to the role of a world leader.

Personally we blew it when Russia broke up and the Berlin wall came down. We were the world leader and had the perfect opportunity to be humble, show we were the leader, and bring the world together to proceed successfully through the 21st century.We egged on the likes of Vladimir Putin who understandably chaffed under our we are the boss do what we say take it or leave it, it your face tactics of Bush and Cheney.

With the return of Putin to the Russian Presidency I am again very concerned and see an end to a partner country whose leaders words and actions we can trust and a return to a confrontational relationship with Russia. I do not like the man, I do not trust the man, and I am very concerned as to which direction Russia and the United States are headed now and at a time when China is surging militarily.

Watching what is happening in Syria and Iran at this point it looks like Russia and China are going to unite at least until the shit hits the fan and it will. Russia is going to go to the limit to allow Syria to slaughter its own. At that point China I am hoping will start backing the US I hope.

Forget any thoughts of a peace deal working. Assad calls the protesters and peace workers terrorists and promises to stamp them out. This has barely begun!

We are going to get dragged into this rest assured and you can't really think at least Russia and Iran will not come out in the open: I remember saying from day one that it would take almost the whole military to defect before they would have a chance and now that we know how involved Russia, Iran and Hezbollah are in the slaughtering that is going on around the country that is beginning to look like the beginning of their fight.

You have to be very concerned about what is happening in Syria especially. Russia, China, and Iran are not going to allow Syria to fall to Democracy. What we saw after the voter fraud in Iran was mild compared to what the IRG will do if this movement spreads to Iran. I really wish Bashar would step down but Iran is the elephant in the room any way you look at it. The total middle east breakdown we have written about numerous times is well under way. We can only hope we keep it from erupting into WW3.

In closing: You know Putin just got himself reelected as President, he did this so he could be at the helm of Russia as he like me knows 100% that world war is our future. He plans on marshaling China who is rapidly building a more formidable military and whoever he can to take on US hegemony.Russia watched helplessly as we had our way in Libya. Putin blames what is happening in Syria on our interference and Libya for training the protesters to fight against Bashar Al-Assad. Russia and Iran will not let this be another Libya but?

Putin is going to do everything possible to keep us from helping the Syrian people and I really feel for them. I do not see this going down the way Libya did and Iran and Russia are going to make sure it does not. I am afraid the Syrian people are going to be sacrificed, sacrificed in what is merely an opening salvo in this the wars for future dominance. God help us!




James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
http://anaverageamericanpatriot.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Ranch Chimp said...

Actually I was commenting on the opium piece beow, having been addicted to it year's back, and wondering how many troop's will return home addicted (my cousin Arty as a kid in the Bronx came back from Nam addicted as well, his arm's were so absessed he had me shoot him up behind the knee a couple time's, that's where I first learned how to run (mainline/ IV) dope, I was 12. Trust me Jim, many will come back home addicted. My niece in in the Army over there, but she's not in combat ... some kind of medical shit.

But I just read your piece here on Putin/ Russia ... I too am kind of blind on Putin I reckon, I admired the man when I first seen and heard about him, but too Jim, I didnt know much of anything about him, as far as his thinking/ goal's/ agenda ... "if" what you say about him is halfway true (and I believe that some of it is after hearing that he's been acting more like a dictator than anything else) we will be in for a ride trying to deal with this guy, because he is headstrong and wont give in easy, as far as the kind of fellow he is, he's one of them type's that will "stick" to his principle's and value's, whether their for good or ill ... I just never knew his agenda, but I can tell he's a solid man, and "if" he despise's us and Obama, he wont suddenly become "nice" ... heh, heh, heh, heh, heh : ) I was hearing on the new's radio yesterday how Russia is also not on the bandwagon about our dealing with Iran either (frankly I'm not either, I would let them "build "nuke's", and if they used them, I would use our's on them ... simple). I frankly dont know too much of anything changed in Syria either ... or what we/ allies have planned for that, I feel though that most we dont hear about because of the election's, they want to showcase our political figure's and their bitch fight's for entertainment of the masses ... heh, heh, heh, heh, heh : ) But that's one of the worst messes I seen (Syria) as I pointed out a couple month's back, it's the kind of place where I would feel myself like stepping in, to at least get rid of this Assad (spelling?) character, kind of like a mini Hitler in my opinion (just without the world domination agenda/ plan), but too, unlike most folk's, when I step into a nation to help, I would be there to really "help" ... not to ravish it of it's resource's and put in a puppet government that kisses my ass only ... that's what we lack in our occupation's. Just my opinion Jim.

BTW, congrat's to Boston as well on playing in the NBA playoff's too, you may have been keeping up with them.

Demeur said...

Yes it sounds like a republican wet dream to return to the days of commies under the bed, clean air and dirty sex. Someone needs to remind them that this is a different century.

As for Putin he may be too busy counting his rubles and trying to figure out how to make his next billion.